Friday, April 1, 2011

a Visit, a Birthday, and a Blessing

This has been quite an eventful month. Grandma and Grandpa Draper were able to come and visit for a week. We had a great time. I appreciated the extra help with the kids, cooking, and am loving our new cabinet that Josh and dad put together. It took them the whole week to build it. They worked so hard and I am so grateful. Bless their little pea pickin' hearts.
The Saturday after their arrival we had a birthday party for Isabella at Kids Kastle Park. It was fun playing on the playground, feeding the ducks, and making puppets (which kept blowing away because of the wind). I think the biggest hit by far was the SpongeBob pinata. I'm so cheap I couldn't bear purchasing a pinata from the store (they're like $20 or something). So, I made my own...out of a cheerio box. It looked great, but took forever to break. Quite a sturdy box let me tell you. We had to perform 3 surgeries on SpongeBob before he finally relented. Overall the party was a great success. Oh, can I just say that I LOVE Costco cake! Who knew those things were so yummy!?!
On Sunday we had Elizabeth's baby blessing. I am so happy to have a great friend like Marie Ford, who, with every baby blessing, writes down what was said and gives me a copy. Thank you! It was so nice to also have many family members there as well. It was fantastic to see everyone and enjoy a yummy meal afterward. Elizabeth received a few unexpected gifts from her Aunts. Janet made her super cute hats, and a sweet little tag blanket. Sara gave her a precious outfit and made a pair of adorable shoes. (Sara, thank you for Bella's new outfit too, she loves it). I have such talented sisters!
.....Luke's hair has been having some issues for which I take the blame entirely. His hair was actually not that bad (as you can see from the photo of him and Bella on the stairway). It's getting close to summer, so I thought that I would try something hip and fun. The Faux hawk is "In" so I thought I'd give it a go. I cut his hair into the trendy "do". It was cute for like a minute. I kept it for a couple of days to see if it would grow on me. Nope! I still didn't like it. So now he's buzzed. I don't like the buzz cut either (neither does Luke by the look he has in the photo). It's a good thing hair grows back right? Right! I don't know, maybe I should've kept the Faux. Too late now. I can worry about that later I guess.
Lastly, we had a surprise visit from Grandpa Poyfair who happened to be in town. I always love those visits. Love you daddy!
Well, that puts an end to our very eventful month of March.















1 comment:

Elizabeth Reid said...

I LOVE the buzzed cut! He looks so old and serious! And speaking of hair, Isabella's hair-do is gorgeous. I cannot do hair like that. She is lucky to have a mom who can!