Monday, May 2, 2011

Trouble with Luke

I should have waited to watch my Celebrity Apprentice recording until nap, but I didn't.  I watched it in my room and had a great time doing so.  It wasn't until it was over and I began the decent down the stairs that I knew that something was wrong.  Something in the air smelled awful.  What could it be?  Did one of the dogs throw up?  What is that white stuff on the stairs?  Nope, not throw-up.  Hmm... I guess I'll follow the trail.  The trail took me to the kitchen.  This is what I found.  Lots and LOTS of Parmesan cheese  ALL OVER!!
When catastrophes such as this occur I always try to think, "What would Christie do?"  (Christie is my sister-law).  She's so sweet and loving.  I was not feeling like being sweet or loving at the moment.  Then, it hit me.  Christie would take a picture!  So I did, and do you know what?  It did help.  It gave me a little extra time to calm down and put my emotions in check.  So here's the damage:



While cleaning up Luke's cheese mess, he was able to get himself into more trouble.  I separated the hard floor attachment from the vacuum so that I could vacuum the carpet.  I set the attachment to the side and almost immediately Luke reached for it.  Ah,ah,ah, no you don't.  I snatched it away and as I did Elizabeth (whom I was carrying in the baby bjorn) smacked her head into the corner of the wall.  Poor thing.  She's okay now, but it wasn't pretty, and she didn't like it one bit.

So, I finally finished cleaning everything.  I look over at Luke and he has the dog toothbrush in his mouth! EUWW, YUCK, DISGUSTING!  I immediately retrieved it from his mouth and went to put it away.  As I was putting it away I could hear him fiddling around in the bathroom.  I hurried and pulled him out before he had a chance to make a mess with water (which he also likes to do a lot).  Why does he have to know how to open doors?  I would just put a child's lock on the bathroom, but then I would constantly be having to open the bathroom door for the other kids I watch.  Lets face it, I'm lazy.  So, I deal with water messes occasionally instead.
After pulling Luke out of the bathroom he immediately starts tearing the back cushion off of our gliding chair.  I grabbed his hand and moved him away from the chair.  Well, I guess I "moved" him a little too forcefully because he fell back and hit his head on the base board of the wall.  Now I have baby and Luke crying.  Ahh!! I'm going insane and it's still 20 minutes before our designated nap time.  You know what?  I say, "Hooey" to designated nap times for the day!  So with that, both Luke and Tucker were sent to bed.
I finally have some semblance of peace....sigh


3 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

lol! So sad and yet so funny! I have one that used to be fascinated with water as well. She poured water on everything--especially electronics. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Ah Nikki the joys of motherhood are yours. You know I always think of Christie in my most trying moments. I tell Jason she is my own brand of drug. One phone call to her soothes me completely, and puts life in perspective again. Good luck with Luke, the two's are a coming!

Christie and Dane said...

It must be the age!! Kian just has dumped out a bulk size thing of garlic salt, parm cheese as well, corn meal, and cocoa (his fav, about 3 times). Oh,and and I almost forgot about the dog food...it always ends up in the water bowl. I didn't take pics of any...I must be getting crusty, but thanks for thinking of the nicer me a few kids ago :) xoxoxx