Friday, May 20, 2011

Dogs, Bikes and Thumb Sucking

Luke has a new place that he loves to play.  I have a feeling that playing in the dog kennel is going to be one of those stages in life that all my children will go through.  What's the allure? That fabulous dog aroma?  The dog hair carpet?  Who knows, but Bella and now Luke have at one point in their lives loved the doggie kennels.  Go figure.  As long as they are safe and having a good time I say more power to them!


 So, about a year or two ago Josh and I got a Princess bike for Isabella at a garage sale.  She was too young for it at the time.  Well, since last summer she has been hounding us about wanting to ride it.  The problem was that the bike's chain was off, the tires were flat, the training wheels needed to be put on, and the seat wasn't secured to the bike.  Josh kept telling her I'll fix it and have it ready for you after work, or for sure this weekend.  This talk continued for about a month or two.  Well, on Monday guess what??!? I, the mommy who has never owned her own bike in her entire life, broke out the tools and the air compressor and fixed it MYSELF!!  Woohoo!  It is now in perfect running order.  Isabella enjoys riding it often. Oh - and Uncle Skeeter and Aunt Sharee gave us this wonderful princess scooter which is a big hit with all of the kids (mine and the ones I babysit).



Luke has this funny fascination with the princess bike helmet. I know, it's totally girly and not masculine at all.  But, he loves wearing it.  I figure I'll let him enjoy it before he figures out about how boys shouldn't be wearing girly stuff like that.  He wears it ALL the time!
Uh oh!  It looks like we might have a thumb sucker on our hands. Elizabeth is starting to "find" her hands.  She loves to suck on them.  Recently she has found a favorite finger - the thumb of course.  She's having a really bad hair day.  You'll have to forgive her.  She is just a baby after all.  I take all the blame for not fixing her hair properly of course.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

I love the idea of playing in a dog kennel! Maybe I'll go get one just so my kids can have a play place. And I'm not surprised at all that you fixed that bike!

Sharee said...

I'm so glad they like the scooter! Kash loves to wear Kyla's princess helmet too. And wear her princess high heels. What are you going to do? Elizabeth is a doll!