Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Trip to Utah

What a big adventure it was to go visit family in Utah.  The journey there was quite eventful. I don't quite remember it because I haven't posted in a million years, but here are the posts I put on facebook about the car ride portions....

 Woohoo! we finally made it to Utah. We left at 2:30am from Texas and arrived a little after 11pm Utah time. It was the worst trip ever!! We had 3 leaky diaper accidents which went through outfits and car seats. We also had a puke accident about 3 minutes before arrival. All of the kids were in car seats, so if they needed anything We had to crawl from the front seat to the back (you can imagine how often we had to do this). Ugh!....So glad it's over. I'm really scared for the return trip because I now know what to expect!

 Whew! We made it back from Utah. I think I'll be okay with not taking that road tip again for a while. We do it all in one shot and let me just say, it's brutal. We had a great time in Utah. Half way home Isabella would not stop complaining about going back to Texas. she wanted to stay in Utah forever. Luke chimed in on these comments as well. I had to start threatening to take away privileges from Bella because she wouldn't stop crying about it all. Anyway, that's just a little sneak peak about how our ride home went. I'm SO glad that that drive is OVER!

Well, the car trip wasn't the best, but we had an awesome time while we were there.  It was so great to see everyone and catch up with what has been going on in their lives since we've been away.  For the most part, everyone seems to be progressing and finding more success in their lives.  This has brought much happiness to our family.   We hope this pattern continues.

While we were there the kids were able to play out in the backyard on what has been dubbed, "Grandma and Grandpa's park". We also were able to have a couple of family get togethers, enjoy a baby blessing for Caleb Jr. and a baptism for Shaylee.  There was so much love and support shown for these special events/ordinance.  It was so fun to see these choices being made and to see the happiness that occurred as a result of striving to be closer to our Savior.  What special memories were created during this visit.

We spent one day going to visit Aunt Ida and Uncle Fred.  The kids had a great time getting a ride on their ATV, looking at the cows and horses as well as exploring the property. Before leaving we enjoyed a super yummy lunch.  I'll tell you what, Aunt Ida can cook. Mmmmm!  So good, I couldn't get enough! Well, until my stomach told me I couldn't.... Later, on the way home, mom showed us around her old stomping grounds as a child.  It was fun to see where she grew up and to hear her stories and experiences.  AND we had the most HUGE-ONGOUS ice cream cone on the way home (yes I managed to pack even more food down my gullet). So good!

I particularly enjoyed visiting with my good friend, Aubrey Harris whom I've known since I was a little tike.  I was looking forward to visiting with my other good friend, Erin Housley (Cureton), but she got held up at work.  I hope next time to see her.  Aubrey and I had a great time visiting and, as always, the time flew by way too quickly.

I also enjoyed having Cameron take some pictures of our whole family. I had a friend take some pictures a couple of months back, but there weren't any of all of us, and they were mostly taken of Isabella.  I know Cameron was very busy and I'm just so happy that he took the time to do this for us.  Everyone was so great and so helpful.

We loved going to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple (where Josh and I were married) and being able to take some family pictures there too.  We've been meaning to do that for years.  It's so nice to have those pictures.  Those pictures will forever be treasures to me.

Jody was great helping out with the kids.  It means so much to me to see her care and show love toward my children.  She was entertaining them non-stop it seemed.  Such an amazing sister!  Isabella had such a great time spending the night at her house and loved spending time with the entire VanAusdale clan.

Wow, it looks like I'm writing a novel.  I guess I should share pictures now.  Thanks everyone for such a great time.  We really enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed the company!  I know that the kids had so much fun. They didn't want to leave (trust me).






Making Homemade Rootbeer.



Bella, Great Grandma Draper, Luke
Luke giggled and giggled with Great Grandma as they played, "This Little Piggie"
Aunt Hazel with me and the kids.
Baby Caleb's blessing.  So sweet.
Aunt Jody with Luke.

Visit with Aubrey Harris.
Dominic Pushes Bella on the swing.
Shaylee taking a break from pushing Libby.
Josh and the kids with Grandpa and Uncle Wade.
Visit to see Aunt Ida and Uncle Fred.
The ATV.  Luke is telling me as I write this, "I want to ride it again. Please Mommy, Please!(Repeat the Please Mommy about 20 times).
Mt. Timpanogos Temple as a family.
The kids pointing to the Temple.
Shaylee's Baptism with Kayla and Taylor.










Playing at Grandma and Grandpa's Park

Sand Castles!

Daddy Gets Dizzy!

Luke the Alligator!

It's a Potion!

No comments: