Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 Whooo! I just got done uploading the pictures for this post.  Watch out, it's a doozie of a post here.  Make sure you've got some time to settle in here.
Okay, so before leaving for Arkansas (as we now do every year) to stay with Dane and Christie, Isabella just had to make a scarecrow.  Aunt Janet took all of the kids on a little nature walk last time we were all out at the lake.  Isabella brought home a bag of pine nettles and pine cones that she wanted to make a craft with.  By the way, my subconscious thanks you Janet for this wonderful gift.  It helped me to explore and develop the creativity (or lack thereof) that I currently possess. So, we made a scarecrow and this is how it turned out:


The Scarecrow - Isabella's pride and joy!

Occasionally I'll find Libby conked out somewhere in the house.  Josh found her on this occasion.  I just love this little girl - so sweet.

Luke's new favorite spot to sleep; that's right, under the bunk bed.  No matter how tired he is when we put him to bed, we always find him here when we come to check on the kids at night.  What a funny little guy.

Putting up Christmas lights before heading out to Arkansas for Thanksgiving break.

Luke's new fascination is super heroes.  He likes to run around the house doing his very best imitations.  Here he is now striking a pose.  Spiderman is his favorite (if you were wondering).
Tyler's Baptism

Teague's Blessing Day with Mommy

What an angel.  I love Teague's smile.

Teague's Blessing Day with Daddy
Family Photo to commemorate Tyler's baptism and Teague's baby blessing.  This family knows how to take pictures - totally photogenic!

Uh-oh, somebody found the markers.

My little joker-faced baby!

Making Thanksgiving table toppers with Christie.  They made these cute little turkeys where they wrote the things they were thankful for on the turkey feathers.  My sisters are SO creative!  The kids had a blast with this.
Josh and I had a couple of scares during our visit.  Elizabeth had two really bad falls.  Before the first fall, we were all sitting around the table to eat dinner.  We heard a loud, "Thunk" after which I got up to see what happened.  Elizabeth slipped and fell on the tile whil attempting to grab stuff out of the garbage.  I went to go pick her up and when I did her eyes rolled back in her head and she went completely limp.  Her color started to change and she may or may not have stopped breathing (I was way to nervous/beside myself to really remember).  I started freaking out and Dane and Josh were to quick to come over and administer a blessing to her (heavy sigh).  She started to come to during the blessing and we did our best to keep her awake for as long as possible.  It happened in the evening and we were successful in keeping her awake for 5 hours (I was going for 8, but that's pretty good considering it was already close to her bedtime).  We kept her awake with a bath and sweets. 
 The second fall resulted from her shimmy-shaking her bumbo off of the kitchen counter while I was in the restroom helping Luke.  From all reports she landed face first on the hard tile (again...second day in a row too).  When I picked her up her eyes were shifting from normal to cross-eyed.  Poor little girl.  I feel so guilty even as I write this.  I feel like such a horrible parent for allowing such things happen.

Don't worry though, she's doing fine now...
After first fall, bath and red licorice

Just prior to second fall


That bit of handy work you see on Teague's head is a cute little owl hat that Aunt Janet made.  She is SO amazingly gifted in ALL things arts & crafts & DIY!
 We figured since we had an extra adult or so on hand, we'd take some family picture's while we were there.  Enjoy! And thanks Christie!








Luke played himself into the ground every day.  All of the kids had such a great time.  We can't wait to go for another visit soon.
Josh and Christie on the yearly DIY project.  This year: Touching up cabinets that needed sanded and stained.
I'm sure Isabella will treasure this memory of Garrett for many years to come.  She LOVES Garrett!  He is so good to be aware of the younger kids and spend time with them.  It makes them feel so special and loved.  Garrett, is you're reading this I just want you to know that I think you are an extraordinary young man.  Thank you for all you do in striving to be a good man in the future - an amazing example to us all.  Love you!
Dogs..."Attention!"........Do you want a snack?
I can't remember if this was staged or for real.  Let everyone know that this scripture study, journal write, scrapbooking party thingy is for REAL!  These boys really do all of this stuff.  The best kids ever I tell you!!

The annual Twilight saga party.  Opening night for the first installment of, "Breaking Dawn".  I can't believe that there's only one more movie left...crazy.  Another thing that's crazy is that I actually go to these things.  I can't stop now though, it's tradition.  I have to say that these movie are so cheesy and dumb, yet I can't seem to draw myself away from it all.  I'm hooked I tell you!  From left to right: Leah Bartlet, Emily Parma, Lani Taumoli, Kelsie Sherrill and me.

No comments: