Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

This Mother's Day didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it. My kids were crazy at church and it seemed like pretty much every aspect of the day was a huge struggle.  I was super glad when it was all over.  I felt more like an incompetent mother than anything else.  I have to admit though, I usually get down on myself on Mother's Day.  There is just so much more that I feel like I should be doing as a mother and just don't have the time to do it all.  Also, having patience and not yelling is a hardship.  I feel like I'm getting (slightly) better at those things.  I guess I need to just be more accepting of myself.  Anywhoooo, Josh did get me a yummy jar of chocolate covered raisins from Costco.  Also, and this is my favorite thing, he improved the look of our backyard!  He painted our white picked fence, ripped out some old plants that we were a little underwhelmed about, resoiled, put ground cloth down, mulched, and planted 4 very beautiful plants that I absolutely love.  They're called, "hardy hibiscus". I love and enjoy their daily blooms. Looking back on my Mother's Day I just have to laugh. Sometimes, you just have to go with what the day gives you.  Kids will be kids and I'll have to think about the many other special moments that they give me on a regular basis.  Children are a joy and I am grateful to have this wonderful and awesome responsibility given to me by our Father in Heaven.


Before...

Grassy plants have been extracted (I don't remember what they were called).

Viola!  The finished product.  Yay!  My husband is amazing.
 
Hardy Hibiscus
New blooms everyday.
Isabella was so excited to show me my Mother's Day gift in the morning.
My sweet baby Elizabeth.  She's so smiley and starting to develop quite the personality.
Luke's nightly ritual.  He usually falls asleep at the top of the stairs. 
My dogs are getting so old.  I love them, they're so sweet.
Five years old (D-O-G)
Six years old (Lulu)
Libby at 14 months old (such a happy girl).

Luke, our boy being silly.

Excite Gymnastics has been promoting their gym at Old Settlers Elementary.  Here is Bella showing off some of the stuff she learned while spending a P.E. session with them.  I love her joy.  Kids are so fun in that way (always happy and joyful - well, most of the time).

Elizabeth blows a kiss, waves and shows off her little personality.

I posted a love song for grandmothers that Isabella and Luke sang on facebook for Mother's Day.  Here is one of the versions that perhaps you may not have seen.  Enjoy!



Here's the Grandmother song that was posted on facebook...

Last video, I promise.  The kids playing...

No comments: